The Create Company Application Criteria for
The Great Regency Market & The River Summer Fairs
At The Great Regency Market and The River Summer Fairs, our aim is to provide our visitors with a diverse range of creative work. We believe this will give a solid opportunity for emerging designers to gain exposure and develop their brand presence. It’s an opportunity for stallholders to interact directly with their customers, and provides an important channel of insight to you while your work is experienced by a wider audience.
As a result, we take our application process quite seriously.
We LOVE to hear from new artists and designers. We are keen to support all of our stallholders, both new and experienced. We have provided extensive information regarding the application process as well as our selection criteria, and we are constantly updating our resources for stallholders.
Have a read through below and please feel free to get in touch with us with any questions or advice.
Stallholder Selection Criteria
We are looking for:
- Creative and original work; independent designs, or products of a handmade nature.
- Products and items that fit in with the overall vision of the The Create Company; innovative and original.
- Presentation and professionalism with finished product.
- Cohesiveness and consistency with your work as a whole.
- Commitment to independent design, adopting and/or using traditional crafts, new technologies in art and design, innovative methods of making.
- Appropriate, suitable and commercially viable items, including appropriate price points for the markets.
- If you’re submitting a shared application, the combined quality of the group has to meet our criteria. We will look at the application as a whole, and not consider the individual applications. (We will either approve or not approve the group/ shared application as a whole).
- Applications must include clear information about your products.
- As our commitment is to new, emerging designers, they receive preference over designers or artists who are already well-established*.
- One application per person/ designer collective only. You can not apply more than once under a different name.
- We can accept independent stores representing independent designers, provided all of the information is supplied to represent these designers in the application. In the case that one of the designers you have mentioned has also applied successfully for the markets independently, we insist on you excluding their goods from your store should your application also be successful.
- If you're a return stallholder, we need to see that your work has progressed since participating in any past events. Show us that you are offering new products, or have developed variations on designs so that we keep the markets fresh, new and exciting for our returning customers.
- All applications are judged based on required diversity for the markets. Similar applications will be assessed based on the criteria and the number of applicants in the same category. Over-saturated categories (like jewellery) for this reason can be very competitive.
- All products must be ethically produced either locally or overseas.
- Designers applying must be New Zealand residents only, you cannot sell on behalf of other designers overseas.
* Established labels are usually defined as 10+ years of trading.